Participant Agreement, Release, and Assumption of Risk
In consideration of the services of Adventure Hideaway, Inc. their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as "ADVH"), I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge ADVH, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that my participation in guided ATV,UTV and Dirtbikes activities entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, among other things: the possibility of rough terrain, slips and falls; passengers can be jolted, jarred, bounced around, thrown about and otherwise shaken during rides; collision with fixed or movable objects, or vehicles; hypothermia, hyperthermia (heat related illnesses), heat exhaustion, sunburn, dehydration; exposure to potentially dangerous wild animals, insect bites, and hazardous plant life; sprains, strains, scratches, bruises, abrasions, cuts, lacerations, broken bones, fractures, musculoskeletal injuries including head, neck, and back injuries; wrist, arm, or shoulder injuries; equipment failure and/or operator error; the negligence of other visitors, being lost or separated from their guides or companions participants, or other persons who may be present; improper lifting or carrying; my own physical condition, and the physical exertion associated with this activity; transmissible pathogen or disease; traveling to and from activity locations raises the possibility of any manner of transportation accidents; accidents or illness can occur in remote places without medical facilities and emergency treatment or other services rendered.
Furthermore, ADVH personnel have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant's fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks. Additionally, I agree to wear a properly fitted and secured DOT or SNELL certified helmet while participating in this activity.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless ADVH from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of ADVH’s equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of ADVH.
4. Should ADVH or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
6. In the event that I file a lawsuit against ADVH, I agree to do so solely in the state of Utah and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect.
PARENT'S OR GUARDIAN'S ADDITIONAL INDEMNIFICATION
(Must be completed for participants under the age of 18)
In consideration of the above minor(s), being permitted by ADVH to participate in its activities and to use its equipment and facilities, I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless ADVH from any and all claims which are brought by, or on behalf of minor(s), and which are in any way connected with such use or participation by minor(s).
Your waiver has been recorded